Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Updates from Africa

First of all everyone is safe and having a wonderful time.

Due to spotty internet in Cameroon, this blog has not been able to be maintained as we would have liked. However, we have established a cell phone connection with Cantus as well as recieved a few emails. I've sent a number of text messages to Dashon Burton and he's sent a number back. No word yet on how much each text message will cost us. Here's hoping for a dime each!

They have been not only giving concerts but doing lots of impromptu singing for various choirs and schools in Cameroon.

I will be posting the text and emails that I have recieved in the last 24 hours.

Tomorrow, Wednesday at 9:00am, Cantus will be singing at the US Embassy.

On Thursday, we hope for everyone to hear Cantus on Minnesota Public Radio during an interview via Tim Takach's cell phone. I wonder how much that's going to cost him? Hopefully he has some anytime minutes left.

The interview should happen with Steve Staruch during the afternoon drive time. For those of you outside the listening area, you can hear MPR through live webstreaming on thier website. For those of you in the Twin Cities, 99.5 is the number you'll need to know.

I will post the exact time of the interview here so stay tuned!

I will also post some of the messages I got from the guys.

Erick Lichte